At the flick of a switch, Polyvision™ products become transparent from a dormant, cloudy-white translucent state. Polyvision™ Glass, therefore, provides creative design applications for architects and other innovative and practical users.
Polyvision privacy glass is suitable for use in bath rooms / shower enclosures, private clinical areas, conference rooms, hospitals (nurseries, emergency rooms, ICUs, operation rooms), exterior windows, optical shutters, projection displays, residential areas, security windows, skylights, cosmetic counter displays…etc.
When the power is off, the liquid crystal molecules are randomly oriented so that incident light is scattered, and the Polyvision™ film is opaque. When electricity is applied, the liquid crystal molecules line up, the incident light passes through, and the Polyvision™ film is clear. Polyvision™ products are available in custom sizes and shapes to match your creative designs.
- Glass Type (Laminated Glass) – Annealed, tempered, curved…etc. (laminated with various types of glass)
- Glass Color – Clear, bronze, gray, green tint etc. (laminated with various types of glass)
- Dimension – Up to 60” x 120” (1524mm x 3048mm)
- Thickness – Glass ranges from 8mm (5/16 inches) to 22mm (9/16 inches). Film is .015 inches.
- Shape – Any shapes and notches, including holes anywhere